jueves, 22 de marzo de 2007

Confessions

-Why did you do it?

-I didn’t.

Liar.

-No, it’s true. I didn’t’ do it.

Do you lie again?

-I didn’t do it!

-Easy. We only want to know why you did it.

Go ahead; tell them why you did it. It can’t be worst, now.

-I did not do it!

You know you did it; you only have to confess.

-Come on; everything is against you, do you know it? We know you did it; we know how you did it; we only want to know why.

-I don’t know.

You know it, indeed; we both know.

-I don’t know!

-If you didn’t know it, why doing it? Did he hurt you? We know that he couldn’t. He wasn’t a threat to you. Why did you do it?

Yes, why did you do it?

-I don’t know! I… don’t know.

-Did you hate him?

Did you hate him?

-No, I mean, I don’t know.

-Was it just a lapse?

-…

Reply!

-Did you feel threatened?

How could you?

-…

Respond!

-Did he or any member of his family hurt you sometime?

-…

Coward!

-No, I’m not!

-You are not? What?

-A coward.

-Nobody has said you were a coward. Is that why you did it? To demonstrate your courage?

-I don’t know.

Will you continue with that? Again? Coward!

-I’m not a coward!

Yet, you DID it.

-I didn’t do it.

Then, who did it?


-I don’t know… Shut up! I don’t want to hear you anymore!

-It’s important you do. We need your confession; we need to know why you did it.

-Is it really important why I did it?

-It is for us.

And so for you.

-Stop tormenting me! Stop tormenting me… you hurt me!

Do you remember? He was screaming the same.

-No, no… I don’t remember it.

You do; he was screaming too, just as you do now; but you didn’t stop; moreover, it gave you courage. It was as if his pleadings were feeding you; as if his crying were an incentive for you. That is why you didn’t stop.

-I couldn’t stop.

-Stop? Did you think of doing it?

Why doing it?

-Yes, I thought about it… but it was too late.

-It is never too late.

It is true; actually, you didn’t want to stop.

-No… I did want it, I wanted to stop, but I couldn’t; it was too late.

-Why was it too late? Do you want to tell us?

Go ahead; tell them, tell them that you couldn’t stp because it was delightful to see his face, his suffering. He was receiving what you received. He was paying for the things they did you.

-Liar! I did want to stop! I didn’t like what I was doing. I couldn’t stand it; but, when I thought about it, when I wanted to do it, I wasn’t able to stop.

Because you enjoyed it.

-It’s a lie.

-What is a lie? You wanted to stop it, didn’t you?

-Yes, that is what I wanted. I’m as any other person; I have the same feelings…

No, it isn’t true. Do you remember that woman at the park twelve years ago?

-It was an accident!

-What was an accident?

-The thing with that woman at the park.

-What happened with that woman?

-It was an accident!

No, you wanted to do it. You saw her alone, no one was around, it was only an instant… and you really liked doing it.

-It was an accident!

Are you sure?

-I don’t know…

-Tell us, what happened with that woman?

-It was an accident, I swear it.

-We believe you, but we only want to know about it.

-She died.

“She died”? Don’t make me laugh… you killed her!

-No… she died, I was only by her side…

With a knife in you hand?

-It wasn’t mine!

-A knife? Did you kill her?

-No, it was an accident. I was only walking around; I found the woman lying on the grass, and when I tried to help her I realized she was dead.

Because you killed her.

-Shut up! I didn’t do it!

-And, why you didn’t call the police? You should have called us. It would have been helpful.

-I couldn’t call them.

Of course you couldn’t, since you killed he. How many times did you stab her? Do you remember?

-I didn’t kill her! I tried to help her and my hands got covered with blood. I couldn’t call the police, they would have blamed me.

Indeed.

-Perhaps in the beginning, but if what you are saying is true, they wouldn’t have a reason to accuse you; moreover, if you were only trying to help her, and if you had cooperated with us to catch the murderer, you would have won a reward.

-It’s just that I was afraid.

Of being jailed? Of them knowing the truth? Look where you are now.

-I did not kill her!

Just as you did not kill him?

-I didn’t do it!

-Was he also an accident?

Go ahead, answer the gentlemen’s question.

-No…, maybe… I don’t know…I can’t remember.

Come on, you do; you was doing it yesterday. Do you remember his face?

-I don’t remember it!

I bet you do.

-I DON’T REMEMBER!

He was alone too.

-Yes…, he was.

-Are you talking about him?

-Yes, he was alone.

-Did you do it because he was alone?

-I didn’t do it!

Come on, we both know that you did it. Why to go on with the charade?

-This is not a charade… I just don’t remember.

Do you remember his T-shirt?

-No!

Do you remember his jeans?

-No!

Do you remember his smile?

-He wasn’t smiling...

-Who was smiling? He?

Why… then you remember. It’s true, he wasn’t smiling, he was afraid; although your words, although your efforts to gain his trust, he kept crying. Do you remember?

-I only wanted to help him.

-Why did you want to help him? Was he in danger?

-He was lost. I only tried to bring him back to his family.

No, you were happy because his family wasn’t there. You looked around a couple of times until you discovered that he was all alone, then you did it.

-I didn’t do it! I only was trying to help him.

Killing him?

-I DID NOT KILL HIM!

-Then, why were you by his side when we arrived?

Answer, they are doing you a direct question.

-I only was trying to help him…

Killing him?

-I didn’t want to kill him.

-You are confesing at last, but it is irrelevant. We know you did it, we only want to know why.

-Why…? I don’t know.

You know it.

-NO!

Yes, you know it.

-He was alone, there was no one around. I only tried to help him…

Then he cried, isn’t it?

-Yes, then he cried…

-Why was he crying? Did you do him something?

-No, I don’t, I only wanted to get closer, to ask him about his family, to help him.

Killing him?

-No… it was an accident.

-What did he do to provoke his murder? Was it only because his crying?

-…

It wasn’t his crying. Tell them your motive.

-I don’t know…

You wanted him to stop looking at you, isn’t it?

-…

-Why did you kill him?

-…

-Answer!

Yes, answer… I want to listen to you saying it.

-I didn’t want to kill him.

But you did.

-Why did you kill him?

-He didn’t stop looking at me…

-Did you kill him because of that?

He didn’t stop looking at you.

-Did you kill him because of that?

Yes, you killed him beacuse of that, tell them.

-…

-Did you kill him because of that?

Answer!

-Yes… I killed him because of that.

-Just because he looked at you?

It was enough, Isn’t it?

-…

You couldn’t stand his gaze, that gaze covered with tears; with the white of his eyes coloured red… You hated that gaze; you wanted it to stop… that is why you killed him.

-Did you kill him only because he looked at you?

-…

-Answer!

-…

Do it!

-Yes, that is why I killed him.

-Why?

-Because I have always hated the children’s gaze.


No hay comentarios:

 
Creative Commons License
Esta obraestá bajo una licencia de Creative Commons.